The Visual Studio editor has a very useful incremental search feature built in. Let’s try it out.
- Create a new Windows Application project.
- Open up the Form1.Designer.cs file in the editor.
- CTRL + I (this activates Incremental search mode)
- Type: “disp” (without the quotes)
- The selection should have moved to the first match of “disp” in the file.
- Type CTRL + I again. This moves you to the next match.
- CTRL + SHIFT + I moves you to the previous match.
- BACKSPACE removes the last character from the search string.
- ESC cancels incremental search mode.